Thread: Foxwoods 2-5 NL
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods 2-5 NL

Thanks jloc, I don't post here very often and TWP's responses don't really make me want to come back . . .

The main thing that I realize about this hand is that it's tough to play draws and suited connectors with less than a full buy-in; we're very rarely going to flop the nuts, and we're going to have a tough time pushing anyone off of any sort of made hand when we get a draw.

This is certainly the type of flop I was hoping for - the villain here has not seen me get out of line yet and probably puts me on a strong hand preflop. His raise on the flop could be a stack-a-donk flopped set (which it was, me being the donk) but it also could be a feeler to see whether I had AK/jj/1010. Because I knew I had 8 clean outs on the flop, I decided to push in on the flop, figuring that he would fold his hand about a quarter or a third of the time

This board really hit very few hands:
QQ - which probably would have been good for a repop PF
AQ/KQ - despite my tight image, he's still going to have to call here 95% of the time
66/44

And I think a decent amount of the time - maybe 25 - 30 percent of the time at least - he's trying this cute raise with a mid pair, weak queen, or a random 6 or a 4. Villain plays a lot of hands, and plays them aggressively.

So, assuming that I'm going to induce a fold 30 percent of the time with a shove, and draw to the winner when called about 30 percent of the time, is it still a +EV play?

fwiw, I pushed, he called with 666, river came A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], no help on river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Back to 1-2 I guess.