View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Post 30,000: Thank You POG

Man, I just wrote a ginormous Thank You STTF post and I don't even know if I have the energy to make a similarly huge Thank You POG post.

I guess rather than going through the timeline of POG, because honestly going through the history of every game on here I would go insane, I guess I'll try to come up with a few choice memories.

I had never actually played a game of werewolf when POG was first created; I sat out and followed the first couple, I remember the first game was a must lynch round of 6 where PiZoWnOrd!!! or whatever his name was pwned the final round in OOT and I had absolutely no idea who the wolves were. The two wolves set up 2 different wagons that were not each other and spent the whole final day trying to get one of them up to three people so the other could switch... I remember thinking how brilliant that was (seems semi-standard now).

I remember when shortline had less than 100 posts and they were all in STTF, and I started talking to him on AIM.

I remember Mish-Mash 2, which was the only game for the longest time after that where I had been lynched as a villager, the last few people was the serial killer (who at that time was immune to wolf nightkill, a rule we should remember to use in the future), with Willmagic being the last wolf. KyrosMother was still alive at the end of that game also.

I remember average speed 4, where xorbie admits he faked seer and we end up stupidly lynching his suspect before lynching him (back then only wolves faked seer). Then we lynched 3 wolves in a row (there were 5 wolves) and feeling great and then we just get so lost. The final two wolves were Cezar, who rarely posted but when he did was very long and logical (and thus hard to pin down), and iSTRONG, who almost never posted period. The other two villagers were Alex Levin and Elevens. I was all set to lynch Elevens for so long at the end of the game but at the end he just sounded so desperate and "I'm about to lose" that I decided I had to be wrong, and went to vote Cezar. I had already decided at that point that Alex was definitely a villager, and he decided the same about me but I talked him into lynching Cezar first. I also unvoted to keep discussion going but iSTRONG popped in and voted Cezar for majority. Final 3, I die, Alex votes Elevens, and iSTRONG wins it for the wolves. Super ultra duper mega tilt.

Speaking of super ultra duper mega tilt, there was average speed 6, where fnord and dknightx were the two wagons day 1, dk had a small lead and then 5 people show up out of nowhere voting fnord. Only 1 was a wolf. fnord was a seer, dk wolf. where kyro and wdcbooks were at each other's throat the entire beginning of the game. Myself, xorbie, kyro and shortline were all convinced the others were villagers. xorbie is killed after writing tons of long analysis posts... this will be important later. Fishmonger comes out with a TON of confirmed villagers, and we lynch boiler and willmagic. I remember writing posts that get scotthoward lynched (wolf #3) while at an internet kiosk in McCarran airport. Final 7, books and I are the last two confirmed villagers, with dankhank, eskimo, spook, shorty, dknightx still alive. I've decided at this point that shortline is a likely wolf, but more accurately I decided that EXACTLY ONE of shortline and spook have to be a wolf. I eventually decide to lynch spook first because of the xorbie eat... it points much more to spook than shorty. I get wdcbooks to PROMISE ME that if I die, he will lynch shortline the next day if we lynch spook. Spook is a villager, wdcbooks wakes up and decides to vote dankhank, game over. Super ultra duper mega tilt.

Man, so many games. I remember for the longest time the only games where I was a wolf was in actuality a terrorist in Mish-Mash 4, where shorty decides to nightkill me n1 because I was acting weird, and Wheel of Time, where Scotthoward gets a random NK power and kills me. Only 2 wolf games in forever, and I am KILLED AT NIGHT in both of them.

All the games I modded, both Vendetta games, All Info, No Info, crazy stuff. A few average speeds also, like when shorty got killed n1 mostly because the wolves didn't want to have to worry about being on skype with him when in night chat (I think that was AS8). Not much to say here really though.

I remember All Star 2, where the game was pratically locked up and then Elroy takes over for traz and does a MASTERFUL performance, which a lot of our thinking incorrectly being limited by the fact that we didn't think traz would drop out of a game as a wolf. LOL.

I remember the Two Towers, where I somehow allowed myself at the last minute to switch from wdc to herbie thinking it didn't matter because Nez and Zurvan were so clear, and Zurvan decides to vote Nez in the final 3 giving the wolves the win. AGH tilt.

I remember Zelda, where IY and I both absolutely pwned as fake seers owning the wolves.

I remember Survive, Protect, Eliminate, where the powers we got for the SPE tasks were all very minor except one night the wolves got a 50% conversion? WTF? We lynch traz the godfather in the round of 3 and we're down to only the converted wolf with me, luckay and shortline, and I get blinders about the fact that Luckay didn't post much at all in the round of 5 and I don't really reread or think about it. I still consider that to be a village victory because the conversion power was just so unbalanced compared to the rest of the game.

I remember CYOA, one of the greatest games ever played on POG if not the greatest (if it isn't, MM5 is), where I was turned into a frog and was given permission to ribit and post pictures of frogs. I first came up with a system of communication through ribbiting (morse code) and then spent the whole morning getting yelled at for disrupting the thread when in reality I was just trying to communicate and then finally having it ruled that I wasn't allowed to post at all anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I remember Mish-Mash 5, where I was Jimmy Olsen and I was told at the start of the game I was a convertible villager by either faction. dmk (Perry White) and I manage to get Iron_Yuppie (Lois Lane) lynched, thus exposing Superman. Then Green Lantern dies and his death power is to make me have to post with only images (that had no words in them), and I found my way around these rules too allowing myself to vote by posting a picture of a voting booth and then a picture of Superman (i.e. nich who had been exposed as *** EVENT *** flavortext). Chuckles had the single coolest role of any game ever run in pog (Spiderman/Venom, a wolf in BOTH factions, whose goal was to outlive both godfathers and the seer but lost if either faction killed the other godfather). Towards the end of the game I decided the village had definitely lost to the villians so I campaigned that the village should be trying to eliminate one of the factions (lol) because we had Xorbie (chuck norris, good vigilante) still alive. But because I never pushed any villians ever, the villians never got around to killing me until the final day (lol again), but the fact that chuckles was still considered a Hero kept the game going until ALL of the villagers were killed.

Ramble on, ramble on. Lots more stories, but I think I'm out of steam at this point. I've had a great ~18000 posts (the other 12k are in other forums obviously) and a great 20 months and I look forward to all the rest that's coming! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] everyone here, I've had a blast.