View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Require health insurance assistance

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EVERYONE should have health insurance in the US

That's nonsense. The US should be like every other industrialize nation in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nonsense.

I don't want to wait 6 months for a /MRI/CT-scan or 12+ months for 'emergency' brain surgery.

If you're too cheap to buy insurance, it's your neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that everyone is quick to point out the examples like these. I can't help but think they are more rare than people like to imply.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

As for the too cheap to buy insurance line, sorry we're not all millionaires. And if you're implying insurance is affordable to everyone I want to live in your world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only millionaires can afford it? rofl_Copter

first webhit on Google - msnbc.com news story --
'According to comparisons from eHealth Insurance.com, the online market leader, a healthy family of four (thirty-something parents and school-age kids) can get a major-medical plan — with a $1,000 annual family deductible and co-payments of $30 per doctor’s visit and $10 for generic drugs — for about $400 a month.

The price falls to $200 a month with a $5,000 deductible.

A healthy 30-year-old single male can pay about $160 a month, or $50 with the higher deductible.'

If you are too cheap to pay $600/yr on his own HEALTH than I got no sympathy. Cancel your cellphone and HBO if you must, zomg!
If you are unable to obtain private insurance due to pre-existing conditions, [actually rare] your state will have a coverage plan that you can sign up for if you don't qualify for Medicare/Caid.
If you can't afford $50/mo because of low income, you would qualify for Medicaid anyway.

OP didn't want to pay up for insurance previously [as he specifically noted], and now wants society to pay the price for his poor decision-making, so he can keep playing poker.
GG OP!