View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Palestinians are educated to believe - literally - that Jews are animals and intrinsically evil AND at the same time, schooled in violence and brutality.

how can you even claim to know this is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did state that incorrectly. I did not mean to imply that all Palestinian children are taught that Jews are literally animals and wanted to change that after I wrote it (but needed to sleep).

However, it is a very common extreme muslim religious statement in the arab world. There are many, many examples of this theme in sermons and statements by extreme muslim religious teachers and imams, many of whom are officially sanctioned.

[ QUOTE ]
Sermons by PA-appointed clergymen, and broadcast on the official PA media, have been inciting hatred daily. For example, according to the U.S. government’s Foreign Broadcast Information Services (FBIS), PA Television on March 13, 2004, carried a sermon by Sheikh Ibrahim Mudayris, from the Zayid Bin-Sultan Mosque in Gaza, in which he said that “the Jews” are “the sons of apes and pigs” and are “extremists and terrorists who deserve death, while we deserve life, since we have a just cause.”

[/ QUOTE ]

link

Below is an interesting article by a "liberal Egyptial author" discussing how the education and propaganda the Palestinians are subjected to cause the horrific out of control violence we see in the terriories today - violence that is also directed at Palestinians themselves.

article

article re religious teaching in Pakistan

article re saudi school in the UK