View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

[ QUOTE ]
Their plan of destruction by stages was a realisation that they would never win a military victory against Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]
So true.....

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding land for peace, I disagree. The peace deal between Israel and Egypt was based on this premise and Israel withdrew from its settlements in the Sinai.

[/ QUOTE ]
With the land-for-peace strategy, once the land is returned, there is no further incentive for the Arabs to honor the deal (other than perhaps the fear of the IDF). The Camp David accords is a land/money-for-peace deal so it has a greater chance of long term success.

Egypt is paid bribes (aka foreign aid) annually by the USA to honor the Camp David Accords. This foreign aid is critical in fattening up Swiss bank accounts of critical Egyptian leaders. Their leaders value money more than the wishes of the Egyptian people. Take away the bribes and I'm confident Egypt will welch on the rest of the agreement... The Egyptian people hate Israel... If their govt ever gets overthrown, then the will of the Egyptian people will compel them to go to war...

Regarding Jimmy Carter, he is no great peace maker. He is just an excellent briber. BTW, it was Jimmy Carter that made it a crime for US businesses to pay bribes to foreign businesses. In some parts of the world, bribery is a way of life and this holier-than-thou law hurts US businesses (or forces them to be more discrete with their bribes). But it is OK for Jimmy Carter to pay bribes to Israel and Egypt. Do as I say and not as I do.....

Personal story:
I use to work for a communications company and I was informed that Zimbabwe was the only country in Africa which did not have a cell phone network. The reason I was told was that Robert Mugabe was soliciting outrageous bribes for companies to operate a celluar phone network in his country. So outrageous it was not profitable to do business with him. This story is about 10 years old so perhaps things have changed but it illustrates in some countries that you pay bribes or you are not allowed to do business there...