View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

I don't know what's the big deal about getting it in some magazine. There are far more people reading forums like this nowadays than some magazine. Why bother buying a magazine when you can all the info as soon as it happens on the internet. You also get better strategy analysis and can contribute to discussions, etc.... Also, it's not like this forum is some hidden trove of info for a select group of players these days, I would say the majority of online poker players now read sites such as these, probably every other day like myself, as can be seen in how much tighter the games have got in the last year. It's no longer one or two regs and the rest fish at the table, it's now one or two fish and the rest are regs(whether they are good regs is a diffent matter). So in effect, a certain amount of damage has already been done to Absolute.

Getting this out to the wider media is gonna do more harm than good really as far as I can see. It'll have a negative impact on fish sign up rates at all sites. I'd say you could be looking at a severe lack of fish if this story was publicised enough and I certainly don't want that, it's bad enough that the golden days have gone, we don't need to lose what we have left aswel.
The fact that nothing serious can really be done about this issue, without hurting pro poker players themselves, is very disappointing but that's just the nature of the situation when you are trying to hold to account an unregulated, unaccountable offshore complany.