View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Cool USA Today Presidential match game

[ QUOTE ]

According to the USA today quiz, he says same-sex marriages shouldn't be allowed... and if he really wants it to be a church function- how is that NOT related to God? (Even though I never said it was.)

No one is saying abortions should be legal 1 second before birth, that's absurd.

Ron Paul is still awesome, but I think he'd be perfect if he'd change his Global Warming position (I don't trust the free market in that regard, maybe I'm wrong though) and immigration stance (not sure what to)

[/ QUOTE ]

The quiz isn't really the most accurate thing in the world. I think what they're refering to is his support for the DoMA which does define marriage as something between a man and a woman, but leaves it up to the states to accept or reject this and most have rejected it. His stance is very consistent with his other states right positions.

Not sure if you're talking to me about abortion or not. But he's personally pro life, but thinks it's a states rights issue.

I agree with you about global warming, but he's probably not going to change his stance on that. As the poster above said on immigration, Paul has said he'd be a little more of an open borders guy if we got rid of the incentives for illegals to come like welfare and the birthright citizenship. But he does believe in national sovereignty and securing the borders to fix the current problem. No candidate is perfect, and I'd challenge you to find one that is.