Thread: Razz resources?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Razz resources?

I own and have read SSH and the 'counting outs' section really helped. Hidden outs, backdoor draws etc etc. I generally refer to an odds chart with anything that's not a clear cut 4:1 draw or whatever. Like in you example, if we put our opponent on a possible set then our FD outs aren't always clean, so we need a better price to continue.

[ QUOTE ]
It is SUPER important to remember how many cards you're drawing to, if nothing else, because the difference between having 0 of your outs visible and 5 is enormous. If you're drawing to, say, a 7, the difference is between 12/35=2:1 against and 7/35=4:1 against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically do this, but don't calculate odds. Silly, I know. I basically see how many of my low cards are out there and get a general idea as to what to do based on that, my actual cards, and my opponents' boards. My biggest problem is when I come to the close decisions and actually need to calculate my percent. I'll try playing a single table next time to have ample time to note down mucked cards and actually figure out my odds.

Thanks a bunch for the replies, folks.