View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: How to \"Gracefully\" Win without getting pushed around

[ QUOTE ]
i play a 25c 50c NL game every week also... do you play with capped buy ins? something to try if you do is cap the first buy in at whatever maybe 100BB and then the next on to be even with the biggest stack on the table so people feel that they can get even. we play no cap, and straddles allowed, even double and triple straddle. it allows for loose crazy play and almost adjustable stakes. some guys dont like the straddle so they dont put it on.

i would just say that YOU dont feel comfortable playing those stakes for whatever reason. kinda put the thing on you. dont be a dick and say that they only want to raise it cuase theyre stuck but just say you dont feel ok with it, but offer straddles and uncapped buy in.

also, im pretty sure that since you post here, that you will play better that your opponents really deep stacked anyway. it may sound crazy playing 25c 50c with an initial buy in of 100 or more dollars but it will give you a chance to make WAAAAAAYY more money. in our game my biggest win is $600.

think about it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Very similar game. Tonight at the end of the night we were playing 5 or 6 handed and we had straddles around to the dealer!

I certainly felt the ability to continue to dominate the game, no matter what the stakes - but that wasn't really the point. I just felt more comfortable playing with friends at the established stakes.

Yeah, we cap the buy-ins at $20-$40 and had sort of intended to raise that as the night went on. When the guy just refused to let it go, we eventually agreed on a compromise to double the stakes to $0.50/$1.00 and allow rebuy up to $100