Thread: Q9s EV squeeze
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Q9s EV squeeze

[ QUOTE ]

My default if I don't know any more is to limp, but it can easily be changed into a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. the way i play this hand pf has everything to do with the blinds' tendencies and the quality of the limpers.

myself, if i'm in late position with alot of suited/connected hands i raise some portion of the time with each of them depending the number of limpers, how they play and how things are going/people are running that night(referring to live especially).

i mentioned i raised QTs in that spot a vast majority of the time, but not Q9s. i didn't say i don't raise Q9s, i said i don't raise it a majority of the time. maybe once in 3, so about 33% of the time. it should be noted, in any one session there are certain factors that might it mean raising more often is the most profitable play. other times it may mean raising less is best.

so yeah, it depends.

fwiw, i agree that the value of position(which is amplified by the edge you hold over your opponent or opponents) adds value to what otherwise an EV neutral hand. this increases the overall expectation for the holding which can possibly be maximized through raising preflop.

SO! Joe and anyone else,

not trying to derail the conversation:

i often raise JTs here. what about J9s? too weak as a holding?

i raise KTs, what about K9s?