View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Can we just get preflop out of the way? part I

[ QUOTE ]
noob question:

why are we raising all pairs in ep? is this to disguise the strength of our hand when we actually do have a real hand?

what do we do in this scenario:

raise 33 in utg+1, mp3 calls, rest fold.

flop J84

obv cbet and shut down if called/raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup obvi cbet HU no matter what on any board, I always shutdown after at NL50 and NL100 without some read/ board texture reason not to

even 3 way I always cbet the one time I havent was a mono board Q98 vs two total idiots who called a ton postflop where i had 33 not of the suit, and maybe I should have even then (I dont think so tho)

the reason we raise all pairs in six max is pretty simple

the two best reasons Ive heard are

1) flopping a set or monster in an unraised pot is basically a crap pot, u cant play for stacks when u want to whereas when u raise it people get more attached to the pot and do stupider things including bluffing more. Plus sets are the hands u want, as laak says often no set no bet in deep NL games so we want the pot large when we hit cuz thats when u feel great about gettin it all in and its easier to do by the turn/river when ur flop and turn bets arent wicked miniscule potting it.

and 2) u win on the Cbet so often HU or 3 ways its all good and easily profitable to raise all pairs even utg.