View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: NL50 6m - River Bluff; What would you do?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah sorry I misread another post. So if your firing another bet on the turn here do you close down totally after that yeh?
<font color="blue"> Yes. Basically. But I will fire that bet only, when I have seen him go to showdown with bottom pair or something before. Not against an unknown. </font>
Might this play be more effective against either:
a) NL100 players
b) 30/10/2.5 players
<font color="blue"> Hm. From what I've seen, it's not that on 100NL players will give your river raise more respect all of a sudden. I would like the play more if the top board card paired and it wasn't a Q, more a T or 9. Because after your raise preflop, it's unlikely that someone will believe you a set of Qs (because you didn't bet the turn) or an 8. You basically represent nothing. Why would you check the turn with a big pair like AA, KK on a ragged board like that? You would have bet it for value. So I don't like this play in general, really. </font>

Also what specifically is spew, just betting into a donk? Or bad board to do it on? more?
<font color="blue"> No, I think the flop bet is standard and it's good board to do it. As I said: a true calling station will be bet for value on at least one more street (most likely the turn as I can hope for a free SD when called and pretty easily fold to a river lead) and the river play is a bluff that is mostly based on pure aggression and most players won't believe you've an 8 but AK or whatever. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]