Thread: Hole in one
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Hole in one

I've had 3.

First one was when I was 14 I was about a 6 to 10 handicap then. I always played with a doctor that was about 68 years old at the time. Ok so we have 140 yards or so, home course, 9 iron. The cup is cut right on a ridge so when I hit the shot I thought it lipped out and went over the green. I tossed my club in the bag and he says something like,
"How you get mad when it goes in"

"it didn't go in, it went over the green"

"no it didn't, it's in the cup"

"your telling me that your old eyes are better than mine" (I could say this cause we were very good friends)

"ok whatever"

So we go up to the green, I grab my wedge and putter and storm off to the back of the green. He walked straight up to the cup, pulls my ball out and says, "here, lets go to the next hole"

I was a little too shocked to really yell or jump or whatever, but I couldn't stop smiling.

So I go on to eagle the next hole which is a really short par 5. Too bad I made bogey on the first 3 holes or would have been one hell of a round for a 14 year old.

Second 2 were pretty boring though. They were both on the 7th hole where I work at now, same pin placement, same club (7 iron). The last one was with some members and I was the only one that could see far enough to watch it go in. I don't think they believed me till we walked up to the green, because I just said, "hey I made it" and didn't really get too excited.