View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: 30/60 Limit Game in Toronto with experienced 50/100+ players 4hand

[ QUOTE ]
Thx for the good advice guys, and you're right I shouldnt be playing, but given that a game with that caliber of players at relaively low stakes comes around so seldom, I was willing to accept a slight -EV situation so that I could sit in a game where I could learn and improve my own game for the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on the description of the game and the way you played the hand, i would say it's a lot more than slight -EV and you'd be much better off spending that money on coaching or something if the goal is to improve your game.

[ QUOTE ]
Thx for the advice guys, I figured that given its 4 handed I couldnt realy let it go at any point

[/ QUOTE ]

of course you can't let it go, but it has nothing to do with the fact that the game is 4-handed. that's just a flawed way of thinking.

[ QUOTE ]
the thing with check-calling or even check-raising the turn like my friend and I were discussing is because the Button would be forced to bet pretty much any hand when checked to given the draw filled nature of the board, and an extra bet might be extracted.

[/ QUOTE ]

why can't the button be on a draw? giving free cards on this board is pretty disastrous.