View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No joke: If somebody did that to my child, I'd kill them.

Obviously, I don't recommend that anyone do this. I am just stating what I believe I would do if I was put in this situation. I'm only 38, but from the last 15 or so odd years, my life has become pretty repetitive, anyway. The only change is that I have a son and its the best thing to see him growing up. If that was taken away from me, well, there's just so much eating, drinking, humping, watching tv, and playing poker that one can do. If I added to that line-up of daily events the sorrow of knowing that some bastard(s) were responsible for killing my child (and the fact that my child was no longer here) I would just as soon die, anyway ... and, I would be taking some revenge before I went.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting, I have an analogy which is actually a true story. Say your son is dating a girl in college. He is in love with her. She cheats on him, and then breaks up with him, knowing full well that he has had issues with depression in the past. He kills himself shortly after the breakup. You coming after the girl or the guy she cheated with? Seems to me like it would unwarranted even though they were cruel in a way. I guess maybe the key difference is they weren't doing it to hurt this guy. Does it change anything if the girl wants to hurt your son's feelings because he ignores her/ the guy hates your son for some reason?

Do people deserve to die for being emotionally cruel/mean to somebody that has depression issues?

[/ QUOTE ]

First: I need to clarify ... If an ADULT did that to my child, I'd kill them.

Your scenario does not seem analagous. In yours, the parties are (more-or-less) on the same level and they have (more-or-less) voluntarily entered into the situation. The girl broke his heart, happens all the time for better, worse, good or bad.

As for the scenario here. An adult is supposed to know better and this one intentionally involved herself with a teenage girl with the intention of destroying her (not just figuratively). She was intent on making her life hell and for her to become the butt of jokes and embarrassment. Really, how hard is it to "win" when you are up against an unsuspecting, vulnerable, teenaged-girl (especially when she doesn't know she is "up against anyone").

This is evil; I don't want that in my world. Under those circumstances (projected on to my own), I would be so sad that I probably would kill myself or at least give up the will to live. If I had other children, I mightt not in order to protect them and prevent further truama.

As it is, I would not want to live the rest of my life in grief and feeling like I have to answer to my wife for allowing this situation to happen. I think she would understand.

And, before I went, for better or worse, just or unjust, moral or immoral, I would kill the adult who intentionally tormented my child.

In the end, who really cares? I don't bother anyone, and 100 years from now, nobody is going to know I existed, especially me. I wouldn't mind that my final statement to this planet is to exterminate a cruel, insufferable person that gets off by tormenting vulnerable people.