View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: [PL100] - small set + nut flush draw , squeeze the turn ?

Many thanks for your analysis Buzz.

Patflushdraw is a nickname coming from a very (very) bad play i made on a PL 5 cards draw home game : I was on the button, three limpers on MP, i raised with a flush draw on a semi bluff with the intention of drawing one and bet out no matter what (very standard) but a guy called and stood pat !! I stood pat as well he checked , i bet the pot and get called by a set and here i am playing PLO8 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

In fact my first intention was to bet or raise the turn if a 9, T, J, Q or K hits. If i'm called or reraise, it's easy : i'm behind and could get out of the hand. but as you mention, his bet on a 3h doesn't give me any clue.

about raising the flop : i generally prefere acting (i mean taking the lead or raising) with marginal hands on the turn than on the flop. The pot is usually higher on the turn and it reduces the implied odds for the drawing hands and i'm not over committed if a bad card hits the tun.

PS : i think the EV equation is (48+H)*4/44+((48+H)/2)*16/44-H*24/44=0 solving H=48