View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Perfect example of why we need to actively fight Islamo-facism

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/i...=22&sp=true

Cliff notes: British teacher and her class name a teddy bear Mohammad, mobs form in Sudan demanding that she be killed.

There seem to be a lot of people in this forum who believe that if we just leave the Muslim world alone they'll stop attacking us. But do you really expect people who are willing to kill someone for merely naming a teddy bear Mohammad are going to just leave us alone? Of course not. These people are completely irrational and are bent on destroying Western civilization as we know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you went out and fought everybody that WANTED to hurt you would be dead. Please factor in the chances that they atually are able to do anything to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell it to the families of the 215 colleagues of mine that died on 9/11.

[/ QUOTE ]

However much I regret the death of 215 of your colleagues and the other few thousands, and don't in any way condone it, they do not come anywhere close to the numbers (500,000+) of Iraqis killed in excess of those that would have been killed under Sadam Hussein, since the US invasion.

Of course, you could argue that being your colleagues makes those people much more valuable than Iraqis. It is a view I don't share.