View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: What level should I play?

[ QUOTE ]
Let's approach the question in a slightly different way. If someone is going to start by playing .01/.02 NL, what is the maximum a player should deposit? Is there a maximum?

I would think that someone could have too big a bankroll for the level they are playing. It might be a temptation to not treat the money as seriously as they would if they started with a smaller, more appropriate bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

the maximum is irrelevant until you know you can beat the level you are playing at. I understnad what you are trying to get at, that you will have less respect for your buyins if they are a small proportion of your bankroll, but that has got to be the wrong way to approach it. That is a lack

play to improve your game. play to learn. this will increase your win rate and allow you to comfortably move up to the higher levels. dont watch your cash level. watch your winrate per 10,000 hands. analyse your play and build from there.

as long as your are not under bankrolled for a level then the $ in your account should not be part of your thinking when playing.

It may seem like you are playing for silly amounts of cash. you could spend hours online and only make 24c but this is where you should be looking at winrate ie bb/100 or bb/hour not the value of $ you made.