View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Missing the Flop

I agree with Babar. I would like to add that a lot of the "moves" in poker are best done in moderation. Some flops are better to C-Bet than others. Since a c-bet is essentially a weak semi-bluff, if you don't C-bet everytime, you buy yourself some credibility for those times that you do. "He doesn't always bet, so he might actually have something!" is probably a little better thought to put through your opponent's heads than "This jerk always bets, time to make him pay."

Though like most things in poker, it does depend. The C-Bet is definately a move you want in your arsenal. If the english is accurate enough: Get comfortable with it, but not complacent.

Edited to add:
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, just a concept i can never seem to get quite right

[/ QUOTE ]
Metagame encouragement: If all of poker were easy everyone would do it well, the net flow of money would result in all the money just going back and forth, and where's the fun/challenge/money/etc in that. All the reasons anyone played poker would probably disolve (except for perhaps fulfilling the need for social interaction).

Now then, the bet/fold, that's a concept I could use some polishing with [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]