View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Should I even bother with middle pairs?

Winning at this level is strictly player dependent, not whether you mix it up. Why you are losing on these types of hands is weak hand reading abilities. Generally these are "knock-out" type of hands and these games are simply not this type, no matter how hard you try. What you should be looking for is a "pretty Kicker". But the direct answer to your question is right in front of you, your PT stats. Replay each hand carefully and ask yourself "Why did I do That". If you have no answer, then you have solved problem #1 and that is you have not clearly identified the parameters needed to play each particular game. I like to refer to it as the "box". All good stud players can select from many "boxes", which one they jump into at the start of a game is generally player dependent. In other words they know how each hand is played before its dealt to them, including middle pairs. Replay the hands carefully and start establishing your own game plan. There are no easy answers at your level but review PT and ask "Why"