View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Low limit stud says it\'s correct to complete the bring in....

You state
"Kammen has you slow-play big rolled-up trips but play small rolled-up trips fast. I’ve seen similar advice elsewhere—West, and I think even 7CS4AP. I have two problems with this. One, I just don’t think there’s that much difference between 222 and AAA. I have lost with rolled-up trips many times, at least 20 or 30. I don’t think I’ve lost with rolled-up trips to a bigger set more than once or twice. It’s mostly been straights and flushes and a couple of full houses."

I disagree it is very easy to be out drawn to a better set here. I will take a set of jacks over a set of 5's anyday. Any moron holding a pair of nines can make a set and turn you into a dog, as apposed to having the solid set of kings or aces which are much harder for someone to crack. I like his explanation of playing small sets fast as you can be outdrawn many a time with a bigger pair.

You then state
"Kammen suggests that if someone is showing open Queens and you have pocket Jacks on fourth street, you can call if your hand is live and the other guy’s is dead. I think that this is a terrible game-plan. If someone disagrees with me, I’ll go into mind-numbing detail."

[b]I agree with Kammen here. He states you can go ahead and call if A) They have dead cards and B) You have live draws, with a good kicker. If you see that two queens are dead and you have your jacks as a total live draw as well as a better kicker than a queen, say JJK it is fine draw to a better hand depending on the pot size