View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:46 PM

Default American Road Trips; Highway 61/ Route 66...

I'm considering doing a Road Trip next summer. I hear the most famous ones are Route 66, Highway 61 and LA or Chicago to San Fransisco. Having never been to the US; a road trip is how I'd like to discover it. For some reason i'm quite nostalgic about the US and the culture. I can see myself driving down Highway 61 listening to some of Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited, cruising down Route 66 listening to Neil Young's 'From Hank to Hendrix', travelling through Nevada with 'The Duke'! and experiencing scenes from some of my favourite movies... you get the picure!

Though I don't mind travelling on my own (I'm doing so at the moment) such a trip would have to be taken with a friend(s) imo. Anyway, has anyone done any of these trips. I hear some of Route 66 has been replaced by big ugly highways, but any suggestions/advice much appreciated.

note; I found somewhere for under 21's to hire a car in LA so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, if I do the Highway 61 trip I may do it with a friend from Wyoming which it passes through, making getting a car easier.