View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: 8k Post - Microlimit bankroll: The misunderstood game of poker (tl

aaron, good post on many levels.

ooh questions are fun:
[ QUOTE ]
What is your bankroll experience? When did you start playing poker semi-casually? How much did you start with? Where are you now? What have you done with your winnings?

[/ QUOTE ]

started w/$150 at party in the beginning of 2004. lost $125 at 5+1 limit SNGs (lol) and .5/1 full ring games.
somewhere found 2+2. stuck to lhe ring games. had a lucky winning streak @ .5/1. got better. won monies. moved up. quit playing almost entirely after that law, and also to find a real job. never spent my bankroll, except to buy a wife (er, ring) and fund a retirement account.

[ QUOTE ]
What is your bankroll philosophy? Do you agree with me? Disagree? How do you look at your poker money?

[/ QUOTE ]

i viewed my bankroll as a way to finance my moves up in limits. thus, it was never spent.

[ QUOTE ]
What are your struggles with your bankroll? How have you dealt with bad variance? Have you ever been close to busto? What did you do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i never really had these problems. i think i was extremely lucky. i also think i stopped playing/moving up around the time i reached a limit where most of the players were better than me otherwise i would have experienced a "move down".