View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Too aggro 3rd/4th?

The way I was reading the hand this seemed like a good spot to do this type of play against the dead king. To hopefully get it heads up. I am also not saying to do this all the time. From the way I looked at this hand this was a pump it or dump it situation. Wouldnt calling be the worst option here. By raising here arent you making the guy with the 10's make a mistake? From what I have figured on 2dimes he would be taking the worst of it unless he had an ace kicker as well, then you and he would be even, and the overpair would have a slight edge on the both of us. Also wouldnt the small ante make this play better as the guy with the tens is making a bigger mistake as has to call 2 bets cold with nothing invested at this point but the ante? Knowing that he is most likely behind 1 opp and possibly 2 opps? If you know the players are not likely to think this way or are more likely to just play their cards and not worry about what other players may have, then this becomes a lot more of a folding situation.

PS: I am not trying to be argumentative, just trying to think this through and improve my own thought process.