View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: huge pot, protect Q split pair, A kicker on flop

Thanks for all the input. Yup, I should have capped preflop.

And I re-raised the flop, for protection and value

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, HERO calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, HERO calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, HERO calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, HERO ??

I was fearing an AA, KK, and am more of in a call down mode when faced with the UTG+1 donk on the turn. Raising won't protect my hand here, and I don't want to spew too much if I'm behind. Prefer to call and see the action behind. But now I'm facing 2 bets when UTG+1 re-raises... Chances are that my Q outs are tainted, as it might give someone a boat, and any A that falls will give someone a set of As.

What will you do?