View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Re: bluffing? position?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You were representing the made straight, and had an inkling
everyone else was drawing to a low with all the calls ?
you weren't worried about justfornutz's bet on the turn ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not at all worried about his bet on the turn because why would he bet as the last person to act when he has a draw risking getting check raised off of it? The only hands I was worried about would be a made hand like two pair or trips that also had JQ or a really good drawing hand like A2JQ. My all in bet was around 75% of the pot, so as long as I take it 1/2 the time its a good bet, and with his range theres no way he has one of those hands 1/2 the time. Now whether hes good enough to a set there is another matter, but the majority of players aren't going to call huge bets with just a set on an obvious straight board.

As for the guy in EP I thought that he would've bet the river if he caught and not risked everyone checking it down. Basically it was a calculated risk that happened to work out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? What is the likelyhood that you have the straight the way the hand played out and with the turn action? I would have snap called you with two pair in this spot. I think you got lucky that you didn't get called and the only reason you didn't get called is because they were all on low draws. I think every set is calling and most good players would call here with two pair. In a 1/2 game the players don't always think though so this play may be profitable for you as you mentioned but not for your reasons.