View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Luck vs. Skill test...

Just want to address as quickly as possible how wrong you are on so many levels. Then, I'm completely done with this thread. The fact is, the question has already been answered about as good as it could be answered by the only person that understood the [censored] question (it boggles my mind that only one person fully understood).

[ QUOTE ]

you think you would do better in basketball against dwayne wade than in poker against phil ivey. thats f-in hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's very misleading. I would do extremly poor against both of them, they would both own the heck out of me. I was semi-joking that I would make some half court shots against Wade, but that's more of a joke. Whatever...you're being too literal on that one.

[ QUOTE ]

you can try to factor out luck by saying people have 1,000,000 BB or whatever you said, but you can never eliminate it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay. I have to remind myself not to name call.

Okay sir. Listen...let's say you're on Ivey's level, and I'm on a no name's level. I just learned the game.

You and I are playing limit. We both start with 1 mil in our stacks, heads up, and the blinds are 1.00, and never go up. READ!!

99.99999999999999999999999% of the time you are going to win this HEADS UP MATCH (remember you're Ivey's level in this situation), and this proves that skill dominates........and not luck (that's the contention of the first post, and NOTHING MORE).

I DON'T EVEN NEED IT TO BE THAT HIGH OF A PERCENTAGE FOR SKILL TO DOMINATE!!!! How do you not understand this??

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i can beat phil ivey half the time in limit holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where you lose credibility. There is no way that you would beat him in limit holdem half the time. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]

you must just be horrible at poker if you will lose 100% of the time (you almost have to try to lose 100% of the time). if you say youre the average joe like you described in your example, then this is why you dont know what your talking about. you dont know poker and therefore its hard for you to answer (much less pose) a decent poker question...im pro, joe.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the ONE heads up match I described in my first post, if I were playing Ivey, I would lose it every time. Yes. You would too.

Now, if you are saying you are a pro, that's fine.

YOU WOULDN'T BE PLAYING IVEY IN MY EXAMPLE!!! Please read entire posts. Please. You would not be playing him if you're a freaking pro because that proves nothing.

Okay. Mods, please delete. Nothing further can be accomplished as long as drunkencowboy continues to read half sentences...take a drink of his vodka and OJ, and then begin to type. Man alkies are hard to deal with.

Thanks to the guy with the math, it was informative, and answered the question.