View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: HUSNG vs STT, hourly rate

[ QUOTE ]
If you suck at HUSNG and are awesome at STT then it may be better for STT, but otherwise I believe HUSNG should be more profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't suck at HUSNG. At least, I don't think so, and my overall results for the past few months would tend to indicate that I'm doing pretty well, except for the past week and a half or so which has been pretty brutal, dropping 10 buyins and ending up a little short because I broke my own bankroll rules and didn't step down when I should have.

If you measure by ROI though (and I don't know how else you would measure), I'm better at the STTs, somewhere in the 3-5% ROI range. Of course, an 8% ROI is better than even a 16% ROI if you can invest more than twice as much at 8%. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, don't have data, but the # of tables seems to definitely favor HUSNG there, if you could get in like 6+ STTs at a time then I think it would be closer. I may be way off though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my initial thought too, but without having enough data to look over, I'm having just a little bit of trouble believing that I can have my cake and eat it too, with the lower variance as well as the higher profit.

If it's too good to be true...well, you know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

More than 4 STTs at a time might be pushing it, although to be fair, I've never tried. Of course, I haven't actually done 4 at a time on a regular basis either, but based on the times I've been running 2-3, I'm pretty sure 4 is doable.

[ QUOTE ]
Do which ever you enjoy more, hence reducing tilt and life trauma.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually enjoy them both enough that my preference is going to go with whichever I can make the best hourly rate with, but most of all I like building my bankroll, so I can take shots at bigger MTTs, which are my first love. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I dislike turbos of both flavors enough that I'm not willing to put myself through that for that extra hourly rate though.