View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 PM

Default PCA hand, allin preflop with 76o at the 100/200 level

blinds are 100/200, I have 17k. In the first level I raised one or two times and orbit but never showed down a hand, sometimes I won on the flop, sometimes I folded on the flop, I think I folded to one reraise preflop. Anyway, my image is basically that I've been opening a fair amount but no one has seen my cards and no one knows who I am. Villain in the hand is some kid in an eagle's jersey who I didn't recognize. In the first level he had played even more hands than me, with really large bets. The largest of which was when he opened to 4000, which we found out after the first level was a live misclick because through his sunglasses he thought they were $100 chips. Anyway, he's been raising a bunch, getting involved, winning pots uncontested, a couple times he got caught bluffing. He mentioned that it was his first live event and he seemed to me like he really didn't want to bust - not the kind of lag that is willing to take a 51/49 for all his chips.

Anyway, the hand: our table is about to break but then it doesn't, and david singer is in the big blind and jokes that the table not breaking cost him $200, and he better get it back and that no one should raise his blind. Folded to me in the co, I raise 76o (duh) to 600, button (curzdog, I guess? I don't really know anything about him, but he's not very relevant here) calls, and sb (villain) raises to 2700, singer folds, and the only thing going through my mind is that in that spot, I am reraising any two, and that I think that while he might not be that crazy, his squeezing range there is pretty enormous. I count my chips, realize that a shove is a fairly large overbet, and then think about it more (I didn't actually think about it as long as this makes it sound, probably about 15 seconds) and decide that an overbet means he's calling off 95% of his chips, and I decided his calling range was probably QQ+, maaaaaaaaaybe JJ and AK, but I really didn't think he would call with those hands. I thought his raising range was somewhere between A9+, 77+, broadway to 100%, with an 'average range' of like... A5+, 22+, broadway, suited connectors, and if he only calls QQ+, that shove is really easy. I think that given that range it's still a shove if he calls with JJ and AK, but I can't get pokerstove to work right now. But like I said, I didn't think he's the kind of player who would call for everything in the 2nd level without a very very good hand, whereas he is the kind of player who would squeeze there pretty wide. Basically, my read on him was that he was a 'non-thinking lag'. I also don't think he thought I was the kind of player who would shove anything but a very very good hand there.

So that was really effing long for a preflop hand, and also really read based so there's maybe not much point in discussing it, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts, since it's a somewhat... unorthodox play and I've never played a live event before.