View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: GOP plan to dump paul

The article isn't the best. Independents or Undeclareds as New Hampshire calls them, can still vote in the New Hampshire primary. People who have never voted before can still register at the New Hampshire primary and vote. I believe that people who have never voted in an election before can still register as Republican at the New York primary and vote. The deadlines the article is refering to are the party switch deadlines. So if you had voted Democrat in the past or are a registered Democrat then you have to switch to Republican by October 12th to vote Ron Paul. I think the reason New Hampshire moved the deadline up was because they're going to move their primary up since Wyoming moved theirs to January 5th, not because of Ron Paul. Paul has been as high as 5% in New Hampshire so combined with independents, he might be able to make some noise. He may have picked up some Democrats in the final months of this year so it might hurt him a little bit, but I don't think it's the end all of the campaign.