View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Ask Noah About First Year of Law School, Getting inTop 10%, Law Re

Noah,
Is your view the conventional wisdom or something that you think because you're smart(because your strategy is what I'm using, right down to considering people toolboxes who are trying to start exam-related nonsense in September)? That was poorly worded, but I think you might be able to figure out what I mean. I need to not [censored] up law school like I [censored] up undergrad, but it seems like all the older students I talk too are already tired of the whole law school thing and are blase about everything("You actually read the casebook? Haha, kids.") and I'm not sure if that's a cynical affectation or reasonable time management. I spent all of undergrad thinking that I was too cool for piddly little [censored] like class so I understand how seductive that mindset can be.

Also, I have a visiting professor for one of my classes. Do you have any hints or ideas as to how we could track down an outline for his class? According to some of the 2 and 3Ls I've talked to there are rumors that previous people in my situation have had success, but nobody has any concrete idea of the actual process.