View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Ask Noah About First Year of Law School, Getting inTop 10%, Law Re

remi,

[ QUOTE ]
finding and summarizing the professor's law review articles on contracts

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear God. Are you seriously doing this? This goes so far beyond what is necessary that I don't even know what to say. I think if you took a nap during the hours it would take to do this, your time would be better spent and prepare you more for the exam.

In case you don't know yet, law review articles are mostly mental masturbation and ego stroking for professors and academics. 1L contracts exams will deal with offer/acceptance/consideration/mailbox rule. law review articles will deal with UCC section 1.2.4 (a)(3) and how they say "all" instead of "every". basically, don't do this. and if you insist on being psychotic and doing it, each of you should prick your fingers with a pin and take a blood oath to secrecy, because if that got out, you'd look like the biggest tools in the world.

I'm not sure if I like this strategy at all to be perfectly honest. The end result is going to be someone handing over an outline to you. Congrats, you could have done the say thing talking to a 2L or going on your school's website.

I had a study group that I met with 4-5 times for each exam, in the week before the exam, and although none of us were "experts", there was never really any questions that one of us didn't know the answer to.

I guess it could be cool, what you're doing, but don't over-rely on the other people. Subtle differences in the way your brain works and what outline/note style works for you are going to be magnified if you don't have hand in personalizing the outline.

Delegating tasks such as collecting old tests and hornbook photocopying is definitely a good ideas. The rest, I don't know.

My recommendation would be to study for all your classes as if you're on your own. Then view what these people give you as a bonus. You know who is going to be get better grades than someone who is in a group of "experts"? The person who is an expert in all the classes by himself.