View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2

Pudge-

[ QUOTE ]
I really liked it although not as much as people in this thread. I disliked the football scenes, the over dramatization, the fact every pass went to Smash or Riggins, etc. I'm very intrigued where they will go with season 2 since season 1 seemed like a fairly closed arc. That being said I thought the same for Dexter and the first two episodes of Dexter were incredible. BTW don't post the spoilers in response to that last bit even if I'm completely wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was interesting that Simmons actually mentions Sopranos and The Wire in his article, though I am not saying FNL is on the same level as Sopranos, what I do like the most about the show is what I liked the most about Sopranos. FNL isn't a football show, football is the setting and the backdrop and a big part of it but it is just the vehicle that leads us to the bigger picture, such as dealing w/ our insecurities our hate and our confusion (racism, alcoholism, parent issues, adultery, mental problems, sex, drugs, injury/handicap). Sopranos was a lot like this, it was a mob show but the mob was just used to show us much more.

I agree w/ Dids, the football scenes are mostly just necessary and he put it well--when they get to be too much it is easy to just mentally fast forward that stuff.