View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 AM

Default how big a scumbag is my friend? you decide

Saturday 4 friends are golfing. Me and one of the others are betting on every hole. We get to the 18th hole which was a par 5 600 yeard hole and the guy i was betting with offers a side bet to a 3rd friend that I would win the hole. The conversation went like this.

Friend 1: Yo you want a sidebet that greenmachine will win this hole for 2 bucks

Friend 2: Yeah sure

So we play the hole and we wind up in a tie. As we are settling up on all our wagers friend 1 says to friend 2 you owe me 2 bucks. Friend 2 says what do you mean it was a tie. Friend 2 says no you had Greenmachine to win, he didnt win it was a tie. Now clearly the way the bet was offered and went down, and based on any other bet any of us has made together, if it was a tie is should be a chop. So all 3 other people immidiatly tell him hes wrong and its an angle shoot, but friend 1 continues to insist that he wins the bet.

Now clearly the 2 dollars here is a trivial amount of money, so friend number 2 is basically liek is 2 dollars worth being a scumbag. Friend 1 continues to insist that he is right, and so friend 1 pays him, but we are all furious with this guy who we have been friends with since high school.

So OOT how big of a scumbag angle shooter is our friend?