View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu\'s Latest Cardplayer Article

Why is going broke a necessity for being a risk taker? I read somewhere in this post that a kid who would grind 1Mill online and head straight to bobbys rooms would either go broke and go back to college or, would become a poker legend, why don't the kid grind 1.5M and puts a million at risk if he goes broke he will have somewhere to land hehe...

The real argument here is the psychology involved in all of this, taking shots is more appealing to a certain type of person and for some reason this type of person is more focused in the shot itself rather than the outcome of it, what I'm saying is that the gamblers are more concerned about the gamble than it's effects, so going broke or winning doesn't matter.
And pushing yourself over your comfort zone is not taking a shot it's not even close to being at real risk and those who take this approach are normally the most successful (money wise) players. Handling your money properly is actually appealing for a certain type of person.

For me personally you can't actually categorize poker players, each player has their own reasons for their own boundaries and in this case IMO we can't even set a pattern or categories.

after all this time talking about gossip and making jokes at this forum I feel lame posting something sorta serious hehe...