View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on a Hand

[ QUOTE ]
ok but like you said by not betting pre flop you have a hard time reading the players hand. and are you really saying if they started with 1,500 with 200 in the pot you would take a coin flip? sounds like a bad equity decision to me. its the first hand and if he keeps play so aggressively then there will be better spots to come. my suggestion would be to fold and get a better feel for you opponents before playing large pots with modist hands like AQ top pair. think about it on that board with blinds what they are you really cant beat anything he is representing. a KQ flush draw is 50/50 i wouldn't risk my T life on something like that when blinds are so small compared to your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you when you put it this way but that's not the way it happened. I did leave out my comments on the play up to the final decision.

However, these guys have 800 chips not 1500. And he is looking at 2:1 pot odds to call, not a coin flip. He has 265 of his 800 chips in this pot with a very good chance of being ahead in the hand. It would be a hell of a tight fold to me.