View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Why no backgammon discussion?

i don't know the point of you posting the diagrams.
if you wanna hear opinions, here there are, i don't know if i'm right or not but lets go:

diagram 1:
normally with this opening roll you make the 3-point, but i think here the best play will be to fight for th 5-point and play 13/5*

diagram2:
i'd probably play 24/21 and 13/9, nut i'm not sure that that is the right play

diagram 3:
two chooses here: 13/11 6/5 or 13/11 24/23.
i guess i would go for 24/13, i once heard that when opponent has the barpoint, its important to split your runners.

diagram4:
openign move 6-4 can be played three diffrent ways
a) 24/18 13/9
b) 24/14
c) 8/2 6/2
I'm not sure what i'll play here, he has only one men back, so you should normally attack, that way i'd choose to make points as fast as possible and choose "c", but then, there is also a point for "b" running, as if he misses, you have both one men back, and equalized the position, nut also a point could be made for "a", it invites a blothitting contest, that is favourable for the one with the most men back (You). i'm not sure what i would play. i think against a top player, i would play 24/14 just to equalize everything, hope for a running game, where i can get lucky, in a position where there is not a lot of skill involved.
against a weak player i'd probably play 24/20 13/9, it is the most complex move, so i have an edge over my weak opponent.

well have you analysed the positions with GNU? and what did he say?

bye, i hope you liked the time i spend at your post, i usually just lurk, or ask qeustions, but rarerly answer, so i felt like i had to do something back, so here it is !