View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: So my brain is(n\'t) weird?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have found that a lot of people will remember my name when I make them feel guilty about forgetting my name. Perhaps this is the universal trick that needs to be applied. Make a big deal about how ridiculous it is that they forgot your name and their brain is tricked into thinking it is an important data set that needs to be retained for future access.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very hypocritical of you in light of everything else you said in OP. I forget names often, but I have no problem asking for it again. I also don't mind people forgetting my name, and I don't see what the big deal is.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hypocritical, but I think it triggers some reaction in the brain that forces people to remember one's name. I would have no problem if someone used this tactic on me. It would be interesting it I could figure out how to trigger this brain response by my own accord in order to assist me in remembering someone's name.

I should note that whenever I pull this move, it is done so with someone who I know has a sense of humor as it is laced with sarcasm.