View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 03:06 AM

Default EDF MUSICIANS THREAD (Guitar/Piano/Singers/etc...)

This is my 1st thread in EDF. I haven't seen any threads about musicians so with EL'D's stamp I figured it'd be a nice addition to the large number of solid threads. We can discuss our own experiences, equipment, share tips on playing/performing, etc...also maybe urge some people who have always wanted to into making the steps to learn an instrument.

Personally I've been a musician since I was about 7 years old. I was pretty much forced to take piano lessons LOL and did so until I was 17. I was trained classically and was also taught extensively on music theory. For piano I won several state awards for recital playing and even won some scholarships along the way through the National Guild and Certificate of Merits through the state of CA.

After going to college I quit piano and moved to guitar where I've been playing for about 5 years now off and on.

Right now I'm trying to learn to play acoustic since I self taught myself on a Les Paul that was handed down to me by my father but regret I never took lessons and learned to play acoustic. Looking to invest in lessons again in both piano and guitar...possibly singing too as I want to learn how to sing along with my new acoustic I just purchased.

anyone else wanna share?