View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

Sorry for the people that were affected for nothing, ie the families of the dead dudes.

The man clearly said he was going to kill them when he says they are exiting the house.

I do think that this was excessive. From the tape you can hear that less than a minute after the man shoots the robbers the police arrive. I think the officer on the phone with the man was incredibly stupid and incompetent knowing that this man a) Had a loaded gun, B) Was pissed off and quite ready to use it, and C) Understood that he was legally within his rights to do so, and yet the officer does not tell him that the field officers are within 2-3 minutes of the scene.

I do not think the man needed to shoot them and merely pointing the gun at them from very near his front door would have sufficed to keep them in place until the police arrived.

I think this whole thing was handled pretty shittily on both sides, but humans err.

Despite my feelings on the handling of the situation, I HATE [censored] CRIMINALS and have no sympathy for those [censored]. DONT STEAL [censored] PEOPLE.

Edit:

After listening to the tape again, I feel that the guy is a bastard and is lying completely about the events of what happened outside.

He runs out and yells dont move or your dead, and immeditately fires a shot. I presume this one hit the first man and the second guy took off, and rightfully so. You then hear the second one close after, which (likely) misses, as a third shot needs to be fired as the man runs down the street.

He says he killed one guy in the other yard and the second as he ran down the street. I do not think the men charged him at all. I believe he knew before he stepped out of the house what was going to happen, and how he immediately tries to defend himself when he gets on the phone indicates that even more IMO.

Still, [censored] those criminals. I fully believe that if you intend to come and negatively effect the wellbieng of me and mine (family, friends, neighbors, what have you) that most retaliationary(is this a word?) action is justified. I think this case was excessive, but justified.