View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

[ QUOTE ]
Howard Treesong -- I didn't want to quote your long post but your first post is by far the best in this thread. It seems the most rational and well thought of any that I read. And I would like to think our jury system would act similarly.

Some of the posts here actually scare me. "He shouldn't have gone out there", "possessions aren't worth life", "He's guilty as hell, open and shut case", etc. But what you forget is that HUMAN NATURE plays a huge role here.

I actually had a similar situation to this when I was a young girl. My mother and I saw two robbers (we are white and so were the robbers although I think that is somewhat irrelevant) leaving our neighbor's house in broad daylight. My mom called the police and then we both went on the front porch and started yelling at them, etc. Big difference is that we didn't have a weapon and were totally unprepared had they done anything to us. NOW I can see that was VERY STUPID but it was just a gut reaction and not rational or thought out at all.

To think that someone could go to prison for this is scary as hell to me. This man didn't wake up that morning with the intent to kill two black men. He was given a set of circumstances and he acted. Was it the wrong -- probably. Would you, I or anyone else do what he did --- probably not. That's just my point ---- each one of us can THINK we know what we would do but you don't know until it happens to you and each person would do it a little differently. Should he be robbed of his freedom for his actions that day ---- I don't think so.

Great topic though --- I enjoyed reading about it and the discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have to quote this and say Wow, are you for real? You are supposed to be able to control your human nature so you don't go around killing people and its an awful awful defense for anything like this.

This is like me saying that raping a good looking woman is just human nature! (extreme analogy)

Also the story about you and your mother as a child makes me drop my chin in how retarded it sounds, so you and your mother ran out and screamed at two thieves, accomplishing what?

And what the hell are you talking about in the last paragraph? He doesn't have to wake up in the morning for it to be premeditated, if he says out loud he's gonna go out and kill them over this then proceeds to do exactly this thats what I call premeditated.

Also NO material things aren't worth more then human lives, as someone has said before you can be rehabilitated pretty easily as a thief. If he doesn't go to prison for at least something I am gonna use this case as a defense for never ever going to Texas again and I will badmouth your gun toting ways.