View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Who banned Clarkmeister?

Mason and admins,

First off, as I've stated before, I don't have any problem with Mason doing whatever he wants regarding the forums. In this case, that means banning someone for saying something that is many levels under the threshold of conduct for which people are even warned. The posts Clark made, if about any individual who is not a friend of Mason's, would not even be considered for any type of punishment or moderation. Again, Mason's site, Mason's decision.

Having said that, the impression I get from Mat and Ryan in their posts here is that they are trying to expand 2+2 into more than just the poker discussion forum for 2+2 publishing, trying to build a community similar to other large online communities on the web, across a wide range of areas.

I don't believe you can really be successful at the latter if the policy is "Here are the forum rules, plus Mason/admins may at their personal discretion ban anyone for posting something they don't like, regardless of whether or not it violates any rules or policies of the forum."

Feel free to consider or ignore.