View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 09:05 PM

Default Re: dating girl w/ kid issues

Of course, nobody can really answer this for you. You are either the type of person that can deal with this or you are not. And when I say 'deal with this', that is exactly what I mean as this is not normal behavior and it will be something you will 'have to deal with' on an ongoing basis.

For me, the answer is very simple. I cannot or would not deal with this type of situation.

It is not real big secret, I am a very old fashion person when it comes to this type of thing. When my children where growing up, I was the law. Period. I was not interested, to a fault perhaps, in being 'mr. nice guy', I was interesting in preparing my children to function in society as responsible people.

Your lady friend, in my opinion, is not doing this and I would have a very difficult time keeping my mouth shut about it.

This becomes problematic in the nature of your scenario since the child’s father is in the picture and, depending on his stance and involvement; it is not your place to discipline this child.

I'd take a pass on this one personally...you know...after I got some. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]