View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: A5s in blind battle.

[ QUOTE ]
A sign of intelligence is being able to deliver complex ideas in a simple manner. baltosar is doing the complete opposite, i.e, delivering simple ideas in a way-over-the-top complex manner, which is one of the most annoying things anyone can do, regardless of how much merit these ideas have (They do have some BTW, but are much less deep or revolutionary than what baltosar seems to think).

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say I thought is was deep and revolutionary. I said I have noticed persistent and pervasive thought patterns on these boards that are detrimental to good players' games because the patterns are based on certain flawed assumptions about tournament risk.

Those with any background in reading articles on risk management will recognize that my language is relatively terse and simple by comparison. In fact, when I used to write for trading sites, people gave me a lot of credit for explaining risk ideas in a straightforward manner.

I'd say this forum is way way way on the "few words as possible" scale. Not saying that's bad, but it's not always appropriate.

Problem 1: a small but decent % of what people say is way open to interpretation (it's not exact enough)

Problem 2: bare-bones talk can't really describe general concepts in risk

When I've used relatively a lot of words, it is to describe general concepts of risk. Concepts of risk are very tricky to describe in the english language because they orignate and are best-described in the language of mathematics.

Would you rather read what I write or what Chen writes in The Mathematics of Poker ?