View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: UB $530 Really Nasty spot with Two Pair

Also I notice you changed the betsizes in the OP without marking it as edited or specifically stating the old numbers. It definitely said 1400 before. I've been working on that assumption in all of my responses.

Also I don't make raises for half my stack without committing all my chips. I simply don't do it unless I'm on a complete stone cold bluff. In order to avoid such ridiculous spots I almost always just move allin if I'm going to put so much of my stack in. I don't care if its an over bet or whatever, it's just what I do, keeps the game much more simple. Also given that I always go allin in such spots and never play weird games like betting half my stack, no one can really deduce the meaning of my bets. I could have a draw, overpair, set etc etc, but the point is I will 100% of the time make that bet size instead of a bet size that obviously commits me but isn't actually all my chips and so its completely impossible to figure out with a great deal of certainty what I have.

The above doesn't really hold true to play on the river and probably some other spots I'm forgetting about at the moment.