View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Tough flop-decision 3-handed, Stars 30/60

Barbarian - I think you have to bet this flop in an attempt to find out where you stand.

Against normal opponents, you will have found out where you stand and you can get out relatively cheaply.

With a steamer (CO) in on the action, as it turns out, you still can't tell where you stand.

However, UTG+1 has raised and you have to suspect that UTG+1, at least has a hand - and maybe CO does, as well.

Not an easy decision.

I do like your flop bet. If UTG+1 had not raised, then things would be different. But from your perspective, UTG+1 may have raised expecting CO to make it three bets, putting pressure on you to fold. And in that case, UTG+1 ends up isolated against CO with some of your dead money in the pot.

You're out of position and if you call the double raise, UTG+1 might well cap it. Very hard to know what UTG+1 is holding. Could be no more than a good low plus a nine - maybe not even that much.

I think you have to fold, just as you did. There's a good chance you're getting out-played by UTG+1 here, but there isn't anything you can do about it. I imagine you hated folding here. I would have hated folding here too. But that's your play.

Buzz