View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Warhawk for PS3 review

All PS3 owners, this game is certainly a keeper. I played the demo back in May. I bought the $60 version with the headset, instead of the PSN $40 download. I think many people can easily enjoy this game.

First it is instant action right when you spawn in the level. Any former players of Unreal Tournament or even an older game like Quake will be quite used to this concept. This game relies more on using vehicles than ground combat.

You have your planes, tanks, jeeps and ground turrets. The cool part about these planes they can fly/hover. You can be flying then hit triangle and come to a complete stop. You can then use the L2 or R2 to ascend or descent. You can collect multiple powerups such as stronger missles, air mines, stealth and a few others. Ground combat is not nearly as exciting but you can still have a shoot up Halo style when you are walking on the ground. Of course it is always effective to drive over your opponent with a jeep.

The co-op play is a nice feature. Have 4 screens on at once while playing online, similar to Halo.

So I think the max amount of players on a match is 32. The games they have Deathmatch, team deatmatch, capture the flag, and Zones (where you have to take over each checkpoint all the way to attack the opponents base).

Now this is a multiplayer only game. There is not even a mission mode available at all. I have been reading several boards about the creators of Warhawk. The company seems very involved with the development of the game. They constantly read and even contact users that post on the Playstation message boards to find ways to improve the game. So it would appeear they will continue to add new levels and features to the game as it progresses.

This is one of the few solid titles to come out for the PS3 so far, but I say this is certainly a worthy buy.