View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: I Lost Track of This Post....But Here I Go

[ QUOTE ]
Well I don't know what to tell you then. Even if we occupied Iraq the way you would have wanted to it still would have costed hundreds of thousands of lives and hundreds of billions of dollars. I don't see how you see invasion as +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dead murderers is not a loss.... It is a good thing. A Kurdish dictatorship would be a HUGE improvement over Saddam. Arab Christians are fleeing into Kurdish occupied Iraq because the Kurds are civilized and will give them protection. A friendly Kurdish govt in that region will be a check to Iranian/Syrian ambitions. Also no more terrorism will be funded with Iraqi oil.

[ QUOTE ]
The Kurds will only befriend us to the extent they can benefit from us. And then eventually we'll [censored] them over or they'll turn on us or start selling oil in euros and we'll invade them again. And the cycle of violence caused by US interventionalism continues.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Kurdish culture is VASTLY different from the Arab culture. They can be depended upon. But all alliances eventually die. A good 100 year alliance with the Kurds would be +EV.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, peace for everyone except for, you know, the gobs of innocent people you just murdered.

[/ QUOTE ]
A murder is an unjustified killing. Iran and Syria have spread plenty of evil in the world. It is time for them to experience some poetic justice at the hands of the US military...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not suggesting any half-ass measures. I'm suggesting leaving them [censored] alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Leave them alone?
They are the ones interfering in Iraq. They are the ones killing US troops in Iraq. I suppose if I were to kick you in the nuts I could claim I was leaving you alone....per your defintion.

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so the convo in this sub-discussion has went-
1) They attacked us b/c we [censored] with them first
2) True, but history supports my position
I don't get it. History explicity disagrees with your position.

[/ QUOTE ]
With the current Iranian regime they started the hostilities by invading a US embassy and kidnapping US citizens. They drew first blood. So **** them.
As for history, Reagan knew how to handle the Iranians. Bomb the crap out of their navy and they become VERY POLITE....

[ QUOTE ]
That's my point. The VT destroyed the German economy and took away their (percieved) soviergnty. It pissed off an entire nation of people that wouldn't have been our enemies, and ultimately enabled the cycle of violence to continue in the form of WW2. This is exactly what you are suggesting doing with Iran (crippling their economy, and limiting their ability to do what they want).

[/ QUOTE ]
The Iranian regime is a brutal govt that supresses their people. Bombing their oil infrastructure would collapse thir govt. Perhaps the pro-democracy groups could over throw their dictatoship. It amazes me how people like yourself defend these brutal pychopathic muderous distatorships.... As for WW2 when you take German land and give it to Poland....you can guarantee that Germany will go to war to get their land back.

[ QUOTE ]
See, this isn't a reasonable or logical response. This is a barbaric, uncivilized, primitive response.

[/ QUOTE ]
And a highly effective thought process when dealing with scum like AQ.

[ QUOTE ]
You can't do X, Y, Z horrible things to someone and then expect them not to defend themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is EXACTLY why the USA has the right to bomb the crap out of Iran and Syria. They are [censored] with us in Iraq and killing US soldiers.....so our retaliation should be no surprise.

[ QUOTE ]
we can end the cycle of violence and bring about a more peaceful society for all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh....yeah. Your fantasy utopian world will never happen... Time to grow up and forget these childish fantasies.