View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Bluff #1 (FR, live, 10-25)

EDIT: From the results posted, it sounds like player 1 was worse than described postflop as well. Glad it worked out for ya though.

New poster here, so go easy on me if you think I'm dead wrong [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. I'm here to learn

I'd actually like to talk about the flop action first if I may. I would have preferred a call on the flop for a few reasons. First and foremost is the fact that you described one of your opponents as a station (albeit more so preflop). Needless to say, this greatly reduces your fold equity (I'm sure you know this, just thinking out loud). You also have the type of hand that you don't really want to isolate with here. Add to this the fact that if one of your opponents actually had a big hand, they would likely come back over the top and move you off a good draw when you could have hit for cheap and won a big pot.

Anyway, as played, I think you have to give up. Your flop raise did get you a free card on the turn (I like the turn check here as your opponents are probably not folding unless they are that special type of horrible player builds a big pot only to fold to a brick on the subsequent street). Once you check the turn though you have to give up on the river barring withheld information, as both players would have to fold more that half the time, and as described, I doubt they will.