View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

This thread seems to have gone to sleep. Keep the ideas and suggestions coming guys.

In the course of PT3 development, we are coming across some interesting information regarding the details of the existing version of PT. I'm wondering if everyone reading this would be interested in having an input into some of the things my partners and I can't agree on. I've added a poll below as an experiment. If it seems to be well received, I will do this for other things as well in the future.

I would also like to add that the extensive design work that went into the framework for the new generation of PT is paying off handsomely. Things are still early in the development stage, but the application is shaping up very nicely. We have speedy imports, a well designed and organized database schema, a non-locking, very slick looking user interface and an extremely flexible and powerful system for displaying stats that will allow users to add custom stats. I was confident in the product before it became tangible. Now that I see it actually taking form, I'm even more confident and I'm very excited about it. You will be pleased with what we are doing.

Now to the poll. In disecting PT2's handling of stats, we came across something. PT2 currently does not count a hand as being won by you if the hand ends in a split and you lose money because of the rake. Should this feature remain this way, or should the hand still count as being won, even though technically, money was lost on the hand?